Software Craftsmanship for Non-Developers
Have you heard the developers on your team throw around terms like code smell, DRY, or SOLID you just look at them with a blank stare? When your senior developer tells you that they need to spend a sprint taking care of technical debt do you just think they are wanting some time to goof off? Then this session is for you. We will discuss what exactly software craftmanship is and what is not and why it can be important on your team.
What exactly are these software craftsmanship terms like code smell, DRY, and SOLID and why are my developers frustrated that I do not understand these terms? During this session we’ll discuss what exactly software craftsmanship is and why it’s important for your team.
- Software Craftsmanship
- Understand what Software Craftsmanship is and why it is important for your software development team
- Understand what technical debt is and how to use it to your benefit and prevent it from causing issues to the future of your projects
- Understand what the SOLID and principles are and how they help developers build high-quality applications
- Understand the software craftsmanship principles and how they help developers build high-quality applications
- Understand what code smells are, how to detect them, and how to mitigate them
|Music City Tech 2019||Nashville, TN||September 5-7, 2019|
|Cincy Day of Agile 2018||Cincinnati, OH||July 27, 2018|
As technology changes with the passage of time, so do the slides for my presentations. To see the slides from from an event, please go to click on that event to see the slides presented at there.