Software Craftsmanship for New Developers
As a new developer, knowing language syntax is important; but just as important is understanding what software craftsmanship is. In this session Chad will talk about what the software craftsmanship movement is all about and why it is important. Chad will also explain important craftsmanship terms like code smells, DRY, and SOLID. Even if you have been developing for a while, this session will be useful to brush up on how not to be a developer but how to be a professional developer.
As a new developer, knowing language syntax is important; but just as important is understanding the concepts of software craftsmanship. In this session you will learn about terms like code smells, DRY, and SOLID. Even if for experienced developers, this will be a good refresher on the essentials.
- Software Craftsmanship
- Understand what Software Craftsmanship is and why it is important for your software development team
- Understand what technical debt is and how to use it to your benefit and prevent it from causing issues to the future of your projects
- Understand what the SOLID and principles are and how they help developers build high-quality applications
- Understand the software craftsmanship principles and how they help developers build high-quality applications
- Understand what code smells are, how to detect them, and how to mitigate them
|Nebraksa.Code()||Lincoln, NE||July 15, 2021|
|Software Guild (Private Event) – June 2019||Louisville, KY||June 28, 2019|
|Tech Foundations Louisville – January 2019||Louisville, KY||January 22, 2019|
As technology changes with the passage of time, so do the slides for my presentations. To see the slides from from an event, please go to click on that event to see the slides presented at there.