Motivated, personable, proactive, high-achieving manager of analysis, design, development, and implementation of software solutions, and a capable overseer of administration and support of business applications, yielding seismic improvements in stakeholder satisfaction and operating efficiencies. Successful 22-year track record of producing high-quality, high return on investment software solutions for several different organizations in a multitude of industries. Diplomatic and tactful with fellow information technology professionals along with business and end-users.
Flexible and versatile – quite often works on compressed timelines and/or ever-changing requirements. Poised and competent with demonstrated ability to easily transcend differences. Thrives in deadline-driven environment. Excellent team-building skills.
- Over 20 years of professional software development experience and a total of 33 years of hobby software development.
- Over three years of service delivery experience managing a team of up to 63 software development professionals located across the country to develop and support custom built applications for the United States Army’s ROTC programs. The team has generated up to $8.5 million in annual contract revenue
- Six years’ experience managing regional software development conference with annual attendance over 775, 100+ speakers, nearly 30 exhibiting companies and more non-exhibiting sponsors, and an annual operation budget over $220,000.
- Deep experience managing the adherence to software development and quality processes. Teams under guidance routinely obtain perfect process audit scores. Also has contributed to several process documents and authored the following process documents for the US Army Human Resource Command with over 400 software development professionals:
- .NET Development Standards
- VB.NET Development Standards
- C# Coding Standards
- ASP.NET Coding Standards
- VS Code Analysis Guidelines
- XML Documentation Comments Guidance
- Database Development Guidelines
- TFS Branching Guidelines
- TFS Requirements Guidelines
2003 to Present
Enterprise Services is the global business and technology services division of Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The division was formed by the combination of HP’s legacy services consulting and outsourcing business and the integration of acquired EDS, who had pioneered the computer outsourcing business. Hewlett Packard Enterprise was formed by the split of HP’s consumer product and printer division and HP’s enterprise segments and comprised of those enterprise segments. The division delivers such services as cloud computing, systems integration, network and systems operations, data center management, applications development, and outsourcing. It is one of the largest federal government contractors, but it also services commercial customers in a wide range of industries including energy, entertainment, health care, manufacturing, and transportation.
Works on the Enterprise Technology Support Order (ETSO) contract in support of the U.S. Army Human Resource Command (HRC). The purpose of the task order is to maintain, enhance, and develop the HRC, U.S. Army Recruiting Command (USAREC), U.S. Army Cadet Command (USACC), Army Marketing and Research Group (ARMG), and Accessions Support Brigade (ASB) information technology systems, programs, applications, and databases vital to managing the Army’s personnel, in peacetime and at war.
Initially hired to fill a technical leader position, quickly also handled the project leader position of his initial team. Over time, Chad has led other teams as either the project leader, technical leader, or both. Since 2012 Chad has been assigned as the Technical Delivery Team Manager for the Cadet Support Program which is responsible for the development and maintenance of the custom built applications for the USACC in support of the Army’s Reserve Officer Training Course (ROTC) and the Army’s Junior Reserve Training Corps (JROTC). The ROTC is responsible for the commissioning of approximately 60% of the Army’s second lieutenants whose alumni include 40% of the current active duty Army General officers.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Has accountability for results of the program in terms of cost, direction, and people management. Employee management of a team that has included of up to 63 software development professionals. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment within business tactics and strategy. Plans, manages, and monitors operational and tactical activities of staff. Coaches and mentors direct, non-direct, and subcontractor employees. Manages team and individual performance. Monitors and ensures organizational goals and contractual commitments are met to include budget/cost, service availability, responses, and reports. Advises management and peers on matters of importance to area of responsibility. Proposes and influences direction-setting for the team, customer, and corporation. Establishes and manages relationships with customer subject matter experts and appropriate customer management, with an objective of maintaining and building the business.
Team is responsible for the development, sustainment, and maintenance of the following primary applications:
- Cadet Command Information Management Module (CCIMM) – PeopleSoft based system that recently finished a 30 month project rebuilding the application from legacy, 15-year-old Visual Basic 6/Microsoft .NET based system. This application is responsible for managing a vast share of the operations in support of the ROTC program. Its mission is to provide an integrated tool enabling Cadet Command to speak with one voice across a geographically dispersed command in direct support of achieving the Cadet Command’s mission to commission over 5,200 officers per year for the active Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard from a total enrollment of more than 35,000 in 273 programs in colleges across the country.
- JROTC Cadet Information Management System (JCIMS) – Microsoft .NET based system deployed to the public cloud that is used by all levels of the JROTC to manage the over 4,000 retired Army instructors and the over 1,700 high school units they are assigned to.
- 4-Year Online Scholarship Application – Microsoft .NET system used to manage the ROTC scholarship application process for over $35,000,000 in annual scholarships provided to high school seniors.
- Green to Gold – Microsoft .NET based system used to manage the ROTC scholarship application process for the over $2,000,000 in annual scholarships provided to enlisted Army soldiers in order from them to become commissioned officers.
- JROTC Unit Management System (JUMS) – Microsoft .NET based system deployed to the public cloud that manages the information and activities for the over 314,000 enrolled JROTC cadets.
- Automated Cadet Actions (ACA) – Microsoft .NET based system used to manage the workflow for the disenrollment of cadets when they no longer fit within the ROTC guidelines and requirements.
- Army Cadet Portal (ACP) – Java-based self-service portal to allow ROTC cadets apply for Cultural Understanding and Language Program (CULP) deployment, Culture and Language Incentive Pay (CLIP) foreign language course reimbursement, or apply for the Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) program.
2010 to Present
The annual Code PaLOUsa software development conference is designed to educate IT professionals on current and emerging technologies. The sole purpose of this non-profit organization is to host an annual event that brings industry experts together to present the latest information available at the lowest possible cost to the attendees. The first event was held in March 2011 with approximately 300 in attendance and 14 companies exhibiting. The second event was held March 2012 with approximately 500 in attendance and 23 companies exhibiting. The upward trend has continued and the fourth event held in February 2014 had approximately 600 in attendance and 29 companies exhibiting. Completed in May 2015, the fifth event had 775 in attendance.
As the President and Conference Chair for the organization, responsible for:
- Day-to-day management of the non-profit organization that hosts the event
- Selection, negotiation, and management of the venue and vendors
- Booking of speakers
- Management of the marketing efforts for the conference
- Lead executive committee of five other individuals to include the delegation of tasks to those within the committee that has the best skills to accomplish the task
- Coordination of volunteers at the event
- Facilitate keynote presentations
2010 to Present
The Louisville .NET Meetup group is dedicated to helping developers in the Louisville, KY area to become better developers with an emphasis on the Microsoft .NET technology stack. The group holds meetings each month where a highly regarded software development professional comes in and speaks to the group about a particular topic. The group consists of over 700 members and routinely has between 25 and 60 in attendance at its monthly meetings.
As the Organizer for the group, responsible for:
- Booking of speakers
- Securing meeting locations
- Securing sponsorships
- Facilitating monthly meetings
2001 to 2003
Stored Value Systems is a pioneer and the premier one-stop provider serving top brands around the world. Their product suite includes retail gift cards, branded prepaid and promotional cards, plus a robust loyalty platform. Chad worked with Online Service Interface team providing front-end interfaces for the transactional based back-end services to the Stored Value Systems customers and their customers.
Worked on the following:
- Online System Interface (OSI) – Web-based application using HTML, C, and a proprietary scripting language for the Tandem systems that provided complete gift card details to the Stored Value Systems customers within their customer service departments. Before leaving the company, began initial design work to redesign the system to act as more of customer management system potentially using Microsoft .NET technologies for easier, less-costly, and lower risk development.
- Gift Card Balance Lookup – Developed a framework to provide custom gift card balance lookup popup pages for the Stored Value Systems customers to allow their customers to view the balance of their gift cards. While with the company, implemented over a dozen such sites each customized with the look and feel of the host web site.
- Toys R Us Implementation – Stored Value Systems signed a contract with Toys R Us which was the first customer having to handle multiple currencies. Worked on the team that designed and implemented the necessary changes so that all of the systems would work after bringing this new customer on board.
2000 to 2001
Riverton Corporation was an Internet consulting firm focused on taking e-business strategies all the way to stable operations. The company had a large, dedicated collaborative commerce practice comprised of supply chain, ERP, and e-commerce experts.
As a consultant with the company, worked on the following projects:
- Harvard Management Company – Java Server Page application to manage the investment activities for a college endowment fund worth over $4 billion at the time.
- Signetta – ASP 3.0 application to manage a promotional goods affiliate network.
- United States Army Accessions Command – ASP application to manage the process for the requesting and acquiring of information technology, software, and services. This work included instructing US Army soldiers on the proper techniques of software development and implementing a software development methodology for the successful deployment of applications. Originally started this project with Omnisys, but moved to Riverton when they received the contract for the work. Again worked on this project with HP Enterprise Services.
1999 to 2000
Omnisys is a leading provider of IT offshore outsourcing solutions, using a hybrid of onsite and offshore delivery model.
As a programmer/analyst, worked on the following projects:
- United States Army Accessions Command – ASP application to manage the process for the requesting and acquiring of information technology, software, and services. This work included instructing US Army soldiers on the proper techniques of software development and implementing a software development methodology for the successful deployment of applications. Worked on this project with three different contracting firms (Omnisys, Riverton Corporation, and EDS).
- Advanced ChemTech – Developed Visual Basic windows application to manage the development of peptide research using robotic chemical synthesizers.
- Jefferson County Animal Services – Visual Basic Windows system to manage the operations of a government animal services division. This project was initially a Y2K project that the customer decided to enhance to get other, much needed functionality for the animal services division.
- Internal Omnisys Human Resource System – Developed a Visual Basic Windows system for the management of the human resources within the staffing company.
1997 to 2000
American distributor of the Motivision product. Motivision was an electronic device and software which, when attached to a television, flashes a series of almost invisible phrases onto the screen. These phrases are positive supportive messages that allow users to consciously retrain their subconscious mind to achieve a particular desired physical response.
- Developed and maintenance of corporate web presence
- Management of IT systems within the office
1996 to 1997
EEG & Associates develops systems to manage the schedules of call center operators up to a 5 minute interval to ensure the maximum performance of the call center.
- Development of the Visual Basic Windows call center operator management system being customized for use with US West.
- Management of corporate web presences
1995 to 1996
Norcross Footwear was the parent company of several footwear companies specializing in boots and safety footwear.
Initially hired as customer service representative for the dealers of the Servus Safety Footwear brand, changed roles after the Servus division moved to another location.
As a programmer, duties included:
- Development of system to manage the different price lists used by the different brands
- Development of system to track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Helped design interface between internal systems and Wal-Mart’s EDI interface
1994 to 1995
Temporary worker, assigned to American Air Filter. The company developed air filtration systems of all sizes.
- Customer service to American Air Filter dealers
- Developed a system to maintain the good-will customer service program to residential customers
1990 to 1994
Assigned to VMFA (AW)-242 during whole enlistment, which was based out of MCAS El Toro, CA and maintained a fleet of F/A-18D fight/attack aircraft. Assigned as an Aircraft Maintenance Administration Specialist (USMC MOS 6046), with the primary duty of maintaining the aircraft log books, naval aircraft maintenance publications/files, and prepare reports, log records, directives, and correspondence in an aircraft maintenance and repair activity.
While with the unit, also developed computer systems for the following purposes:
- Management of the maintenance schedules of the squadron’s aircraft
- Management of the technical publication library maintained by the squadron
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Currently preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Code PaLOUsa
- President and Conference Chair, 2010 – Present (6 annual events)
- Louisville .NET Meetup
- Organized, 2010 – Present (over 60 meetings organized)
- Louisville Technology Council
- Founding Board Member
- AFCEA Ft. Knox Gold Vault Chapter
- Co-Chairman Industry Day Event, 2012
- Cincinnati Day of Agile
- Committee Member, 2012
- Committee Member, 2013
- St. Rita School Board – Louisville, KY
- President, 2006 to 2009 (2 1-year terms)
- Member, 2005 to 2010 (1 2-year term, 1 3-year term)
- St. Rita Booster Club – Louisville, KY
- Cross Country Coach, 2009 to 2011 (2 seasons)
- Track Coach, 2010 to 2011 (2 seasons)
- Assistant Track Coach, 2009 (1 season)
- Assistant Basketball Coach – Statistician, 2009/2011 (2 seasons)
- Louisville Bicycle Club – Louisville, KY
- Vice President of Touring, 2006 to 2007 (2 terms)
2011 Louisville Convention and Visitor Bureau Ambassador